Sunday, March 23, 2014

Call Me Darling

A couple of weeks back I was off work battling an awful cold. I'm one of those people who can't sit still for very long, so being at home for 3 days I was going pretty insane; I mean how many episodes of Criminal Minds can I actually watch in one day?! I decided to spend my time a bit more creatively and spent a lovely amount of time on my sewing machine.

I have a ridiculous amount of fabric at home and I found this amazing two-tone fabric and knew I had to do something with it. I've been in love with Midi Skirts (obsessed is probably more appropriate) and decided this would be my little project. I opted for a double layer full skirt with pleat detail around the waist band to give the skirt some movement. 
(pinning my pleats in the pic above)

When I finally was able to wear the skirt I thought monochromatic florals would add a bit of interest contrasted with little hits of gold hardware on my studded clutch, shoes and belt. x




Skirt - DIY
Blazer - Topshop
Top - Topshop
Clutch - Belt
Belt - Oasis
Shoes - New Look
Lipstick - MAC 'Diva'

3 comments:

  1. Love this beautiful skirt, great colour and looks stunning on you. Thanks for your style input, have a great and productive week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty skirt, such a beautiful colour and material :)

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your skirt, your amazing and making things! It's a lovely cut!

    Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete